Join us this Thursday as we explore how to work with youth for social action. Our guest expert will be Kim Hokanson, one of the organizers for the #MarchForOurLives event in Boston.
Here are questions we will discuss:
- What were your goals for the #MarchForOurLives event?
- How did you involve youth in this work?
- What role did terminology play in planning and organizing the event?
- What lessons did you learn from co-planning this event?
- What recommendations do you have for others who want to do social activism work with youth?
- Social Justice Youth Work: Actualizing Youth Rights
- The Role of Youth Engagement in Positive Youth Development and Social Justice Youth Development for High-Risk, Marginalised Youth
- Eight Successful Youth Engagement Approaches
- March for Our Lives